Ascension preaches and teaches the Bible, experiences and shares the dynamic power of the Holy Spirit, and worships according to the ancient patterns of worship and prayer as recorded in the Bible and long standing Christian tradition. We make use of the Book of Common Prayer in our worship. The Book of Prayer is the Bible arranged and ordered for worship in the personal and corporate life of the Church. We encourage you to make a visit out to worship with us. Experiencing the transforming love of Christ is participatory, and you are encouraged to come out.
We value pastoral care, spiritual formation, and healing. Pastor Darryl is available for spiritual counsel, healing prayer, house blessings, and pastoral visitation. We believe in the power of God to heal, encourage, bless, and strengthen. If you would like a call, please contact him by clicking here.
Our mission is to encounter God through the Spirit, embody the life of Christ in sacramental community, equip the Church in Scriptural authority, and engage the world around us in compassionate evangelism.
“But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
– Acts 1:8
- Our vision is to minister, in the Spirit, the transforming love of God found in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, as a vibrant healing and spiritual formation community.
- We envision an epicenter for transformation rooted in prayer, leadership/laity development, and large-scale networking with other churches and Christians.
- We envision a prophetic community engaging our region with apostolic zeal for transformation and awakening.
- We envision a discipling, equipping, and training school for Christians to fulfill their life calling and purpose.
- We encourage a Church culture that honors Sabbath rest, Jubilee restoration, dynamic Anointing, and Covenant community.
- We are a family-oriented faith community that offers holistic solutions for real life problems.
We envision living into the “already” of God’s kingdom in love, mercy, grace, and the Holy Spirit’s power while eagerly waiting for Jesus’ return.
“For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ … that He would give you, according to the riches of His glory, power to be strengthened by His Spirit in the inner man, and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth and length and depth and height, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.” – Ephesians 3:14-19
(1) The authority of the Bible as God’s written, infallible, inerrant Word.
(2) Jesus is the perfect revelation of God in flesh; He is Lord and Christ, the only way to the Father and eternal life.
(3) Each person is called to repent and believe the good news about Jesus Christ; to be born-again by the Spirit of God.
(4) Christ desires to baptize, fill, empower, and comfort all believers and congregations with His Holy Spirit.
(5) Spiritual formation in the image of Jesus is the high-calling of each believer in covenanted community.
(6) The sacramental realities of the historic church are anchors in our covenanted church life, worship, and discipline.