Ascension is a Christ-centered, Bible-based, Spirit-empowered congregation. The church is new, officially starting on Palm Sunday 2018 in downtown Charles Town, West Virginia, in the recently restored Charles Washington Hall. Our congregation is like our area, composed of people from different walks of life, who gather under the shared belief that Jesus is the Lord. Like the area, Ascension is historic and new, restored and ancient, as part of the Anglican tradition in Christian worship. Everyone who visits is sure to be welcomed with kind eyes, warm smiles, firm handshakes, and hearty laughs.
We value pastoral care, spiritual formation, and healing. Pastor Darryl is available for spiritual counsel, healing prayer, house blessings, and pastoral visitation. We believe in the power of God to heal, encourage, bless, and strengthen.
Our aim is to encounter God through the Spirit, embody Christ in the Sacraments, equip the Church with the Scriptures, and engage our culture, as those Sent, with the transforming love of Christ.
“But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
– Acts 1:8
- We are a family-oriented church that offers solutions for real-life problems.
- We share the transforming love of God found in vibrant healing and spiritual community, by caring for those in need and establishing a Christian counseling center.
- We envision Ascension as a renewal center rooted in prayer and personal development that networks with other churches and Christians.
- We envision a Spirit-led community engaging our area and the world with missionary zeal and compassion.
- We envision a discipling, equipping, and training school for Christians to fulfill their life calling and purpose.
- We encourage a Church culture that honors Sabbath rest, Jubilee restoration, dynamic Anointing, and Covenant community.
The authority of the Bible as God’s written and infallible Word.
Jesus is the Word of God in flesh; He is Lord and Christ, the only way to the Father and eternal life.
Each person is called to believe the good news about Jesus Christ; to be born-again by the Spirit of God.
Christ desires too baptize, fill, empower, and comfort all believers and congregations with His Holy Spirit.
Discipleship and mission is the high-calling of each believer in covenanted community.
The sacramental realities of the historic church are anchors in our covenanted church life, worship, and discipline.